Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The End is Nigh

We have our last game on Sunday 10th September against Battisford. Last chance to hit a four or a six, take five wickets or catches - whatever it is you hoped would be your personal best this season. Would be great if everyone could come along and at least do a bit of fielding.

I would like to be able to quote the total runs scored and wickets taken by NCI ladies, and the total number of ladies who have actually played for us this season at the annual dinner. So let's try and up the total in our final game. In fact guess how many ladies have played for us this season? Prize for the best guess.


Sam has guessed 45. Any advance?

I have a few names already but please let me know if you can play on Sunday. Bring a bit of grub too, our last supper, so homemade cake please Beth. I will confirm start time later but it's Parkers Piece as usual.

Summer Practice
Nets have been taken down at Leys School so we are planning a session on Parkers Piece on Wednesday instead from 6pm.

Taunton - The Home of Women's Cricket
The ECB announced last week that Taunton, Somerset County ground, is the new home of women's cricket instead of Lords. The England Ladies celebrated by getting beat there by India in the second test to loose the series 1-0. Not a good start. It didn't look that exciting on a grey and very windy day last Saturday but I can at least say that I have been in the same showers as Marcus Trecscothick. He wasn't there of course but I used his shampoo. (Blokes are so untidy. The home changing room needed a damn good clean. And hair taking out of the shower plug of course.) Unfortunately Cambridge Papworth Ladies CC failed to score enough runs to hold out against City of Leeds Ladies CC. But I do have a little runners up trophy from the National Knockout finals to start my collection of cricketing silverware. (Or plastic ware.) I was told I deserved it for my very vocal support as 12th man. (Confused the opposition to hear a Leeds voice shouting for the other side.)

Next year I hope to be there as Captain of NCI Ladies, bringing home a trophy. Or maybe just another shower with Tresco. (I think he is also known as Banger. Interesting.)

End of Season Bash
The last I heard it was Sat 21st October. So do let me know if you want to jog along. I will be compiling funny stories about you all and lining you up for awards of course. If anybody wants to give a helping hand with arrangements do get in touch with Richi or myself. Megan is going to decorate the hall I gather? (So are you returning from the home of women's cricket just for the occasion Megs?) I assume Thommo is in charge of champagne. There will be lots of Bolly darling - won't there?

Winter Nets
We are still consulting on this one. Looks like Wed night may clash with hockey for some. Do let me know any preferences for time, duration and night of the week.

No comments: